Monday, November 28, 2016

Special Schools that Cater to Children with Autism in Cebu Province

Finding a school in Compostela, Cebu that caters to children with autism spectrum disorder has always been a challenge for my family. We couldn't find any school near our place that cater to kids with special needs. The closest special school based on what I've researched was in Mandaue City like Reach and Prime Center Foundation. Children's Montessori also located in Mandaue have tuition fees as high as 70,000 php per school year excluding books and other expenses. We personally had a bad experience from this school back in 2013 so I wouldn't really recommend them.
 
At first, I admired this school because the teachers seem skilled and respectful. But when we decided to withdraw my son's enrollment a month before school starts, their directress insulted and scolded me and my husband in front of my son. That's when I realized these people were just pretending to care for my son. She even told my husband that my son is already blacklisted from their school. Like I would ever allow my son to study there after how we were treated. I was tempted to report them to DepEd but decided against it. I didn't want to feel any grudge towards them and thanked God of helping us see through this people.
 
In one of my previous articles, I talked about Prime Center Foundation. They're a great school that caters to kids with special needs. Their tuition fee is around 3,500 php per month. The school worked well for my son at first but after a year it was clear that my son needed more exposure to different topics. Now my son attends a school called Green Rose Center for Academe, a start up school in Compostela. It's a regular school but they still accepted my son because they could see that he was teachable. Now my son has learned a lot from this school and I feel satisfied with how lessons are being taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment